Sunday, January 3, 2010

SURFBOARD LUCK




When Seth was tightening up the straps holding down the two surfboards we brought home from San Diego, he was telling me how he has NEVER had a problem driving home with a surfboard on his car. He said he has a perfect record. Now for me... I have the WORST record when it comes to driving with surfboards. The premiere event being the time we were driving home from Santa Cruz and Matty's new surfboard blew off the top of the suburban. It was raining and blowing so hard that we never saw it again. (I'm assuming it caused no accident but rather blew into the bushes off I-680.) Well, this time was no exception for me. The 60 mph winds on the Grapevine shredded the front tie-down and by miracle only, did we make it to a random "Travel Center" where I was able to buy a cheap tie-down. This got us to the next "Travel Center" where I was able to buy a heavy duty tie-down.... neither of which were the right kind. Fortunately, I carry duct tape in my backpack and that probaly saved the boards! So - Seth still has a perfect record for no problems and I still have my perfect record of surfboard woes.

No comments: