Tuesday, September 15, 2009

WATER POLO

Katie playing hole-set.

Katie on defense.

Ashley - post game - 2 points - JHS 19/Beyer 2.

Katie (and Hannah) - Pre game - 4 points - JHS 5/Beyer 8

Well today was "water polo day." This event happens twice a week from August until Veteran's Day in November. Now, that's just game day. The other three weekdays are consumed by practice from 2pm until 5:15pm. And... can't forget the weekend tournaments - all day Friday and Saturday every other weekend. Katie is captain of the JV team this year (following in Ashley's footsteps) and Ashley is playing on the famous JHS Varsity Girls Water Polo Team, under the even more famous Brent Bohlender. Needless to say, water polo is a big thing at JHS and in the Raynor house. For me? I'll be grateful when they are both on the same team again (next year) AND when I no longer feel compelled to work until 5pm just to pass the time while waiting for practice to end. I do find that I get: all my work done, scriptures read, errands completed, sore ears from wearing my earbuds too long, and that I can repeat the same playlist 4 times in one three hour period. Maybe one of these days I will learn to be more productive "creatively" during water polo. :-) PS: Next time I'll try to get a picture of Ashley actually playing... her game just moves way to fast for me...

1 comment:

Caroline and Seth said...

i can't believe jhs beat beyer = what has the world of modesto water sports come to?